Packaging Innovations returns to the NEC next February with the launch of Converting Innovations, a new co-located show providing converting suppliers a unique UK forum to meet their market. Taking place on 26 and 27 February 2014, Packaging Innovations, and its portfolio of shows makes its Europe’s top packaging event covering all parts of the packaging supply chain.
Visitors can source everything from materials to machinery; contract services to print services; as well as the latest ideas for inspiring stand-out packaging.
Alison Church, Event Director at easyFairs UK Ltd, says: “Over the years our show has continued to grow, reflecting the industry as a whole. Until now, the UK has not provided suppliers of converting machinery, equipment and technology with an opportunity to meet buyers and influencers face-to-face in an environment that is proven to deliver business. We are always looking for new ways to develop and build the show, and with the UK packaging converting market worth £11 billion, we had to reflect this at the 2014 show. We also have plans to develop and build the Print Innovations area too, so there’s a lot to be excited about ahead of the 2014 NEC show!”
When the event took place in February 2013 it attracted 5,093 visitors and had over 350 companies exhibiting, with 69% of them rebooking onsite.
Kairos One was just one of the companies exhibiting at last year’s event. Robin Taylor, the firm’s Creative Director, remarked: “Having reviewed our leads after the show, we were confident that we would double or triple our return on investment. In addition, we picked up plenty of really good opportunities which will help us far exceed our sales targets over the next 12 months.”
The 2014 event will feature seven co-located shows: Packaging Innovations, Ecopack, Contract Pack, Packtech, Print Innovations, Labelling Innovations and Converting Innovations.
- Packaging Innovations – showcasing the latest primary and secondary packaging technology, design and branding techniques.
- Labelling Innovations – a dedicated show, supported by BPIF Labels, offering labelling solutions for across converting, printing and packaging.
- Contract Pack – housing over 30 BCMPA accredited exhibitors, this area is for companies looking to outsource all or part of the manufacturing, processing, packing, fulfilment or logistics operations
- Ecopack – a showcase for environmentally responsible materials and designs.
- Packtech – where visitors can find the latest off-the-shelf or bespoke machinery and technology for all aspects of packaging.
- Print Innovations – a unique forum where the latest printing technology and techniques will be on show.
- Converting Innovations – NEW for 2014, Converting Innovations showcases the latest in converting machinery and equipment as well as new approaches for creating, printing and finishing product packaging.
Nick Brewin, Sales and Marketing Director at Silgan Plastic Food Containers, explains why his company has decided to exhibit at the 2014 show, “We are attending the show because we see Packaging Innovations Birmingham as an excellent showcase for existing and potential customers to see our range of products, many of which will be decorated in a number of European blue-chip food manufacturers’ designs. We will also unveil our latest developments, including a straight-wall plastic can that can be fully sterilised in batch and continuous retorts. The quality and number of other exhibitors and visitors is usually excellent.”
Alison Church concludes, “Our NEC flagship show has become the packaging show where the industry gathers; each year the big manufacturers return from DuPont UK to RECOUP and HP, but you’ll also see a huge range of companies you just won’t meet anywhere else. We provide the perfect platform for these vibrant communities to come together and exchange ideas.”
The BIG Packaging Debate will also be returning to the NEC, where a panel of packaging experts will form a lively Question Time style session. There will be 50 content-rich learnShops seminars addressing hot industry trends and issues; plus six brave contestants who will enter the ‘Lions’ Lair’, pitching their latest products to a panel of brand, retail and packaging experts. Furthermore, on the second day of the show, the BIG Print Debate will bring industry experts together to discuss the crucial issues in print.