Lampados International Ltd has completed a new plant expansion for the production of Liteez®, a vegan, 3D meringue kiss sweetener for hot beverages. The new facility was designed according to eco-friendly principles to dramatically reduce energy and water use.
Lampados developed an entirely automatic, closed-system production process for Liteez that ensures product safety and purity according to the strictest certifications, with full control over every step, including packaging.
Production of meringue is typically highly sensitive to contamination, especially during the foaming stage. Many meringue manufacturers engage this stage manually which also is labor intensive. The new closed system by Lampados prevents contamination throughout every step, allowing maximum flexibility that enables increasing capacity by 22 times.
“When we set out to create a new sweetener, while we certainly strived for exceptional characteristics and functionality, we wanted to do so with responsibility,” explains Noam Kaplan, CEO of Lampados. “Consumers—especially Millennials—expect manufacturers to be a part of the community and take care of the environment. Part of Lampados’ mission is to make Liteez a better-for-you product in every aspect.”
The new production process of the Liteez 3D sweetener allows water and energy savings due to:
1. A more controlled foaming system that allows for a reduction of water in the mixture by 9%. This reduction also saves energy in the drying process.
2. Heated pipes save 6% energy by getting the material from cold to drying temperature more rapidly.
3. Shifting to a continuous process, washing equipment and utensils only once in each production, while still ensuring maximum safety and purity. This saves a further 47% on water usage.
Lampados Ltd, a family-owned company, was founded in 1975. The company specialises in tabletop sweeteners and health products, such as sugar-free syrups. The manufacturing site has BRC Grade A certification.
- Products2019.01.02Mondi continues to innovate with next generation Bag-in-Box technical films
- Products2019.01.02Mondi flexible packaging “leapfrogs” ahead in the recycling game
- Products2019.01.02Swanline Paper and Board creates a splash with launch of Cygnus® Eco Board
- Products2019.01.02Selig launches revolutionary heat seal